Friday, November 14, 2014

DJ-JJ and the methods of control

(The JJ Stands for Just Joey)

I talk about my job a lot. Particularly because i blog from here like, 100% of the time now (I have no computer at home)

But this is also one of the most like... idk biggest learning experiences ive ever had. Particularily about control, and how I can actually have control and its okay.

They try to teach you this lesson at school but i dont know, it always came off as so so snide when I was learning.
High School is a shitty place.

The whole concept of having responsibility n whatnot.

I mean yeah i get it i owe it to a lot of people to be at a certain place at a certain time, yaddah yaddah yaddah, whatever i gotta be a good drone for the man n stuff.

But no its so much different than that.

My job is actually pretty like... managerial in a way like, sure im "just a DJ" but since i work in the daytime, the actual music part of the gig is the most insignificant. Sure whenever Flagpole Sitta appears on the inbetween list, I have to stop it and play it from the beginning after the dancer goes off stage but thats personal.

What? I really like that song...

But someone once explained to me that when I'm here, I'm TECHNICALLY the boss. No, I don't tell the servers what to do, but I have to like, be 150% OCD about times dancers get on and off the stage. I run the show, I'm the Cassie, the stage manager. Thats not really that big a deal, considering I'm not the only one who has an idea of what needs to happen when. Fuck if you need ME of all people to discipline you, you're beyond all help as it is...

Anyway, learning this means and method of control is really helping me out with another skill that requires a lot of control.

Driving.

I'm picking up on it rather quick, it wont be long till I go for my license (fucking finally)


No comments:

Post a Comment